Welcome to the first ever
SECOR Volvo Fishers Island Sound Race!
a 420 club to club race! – Wednesday July 8th
…and The Dime Bank 420 Season Kick Off Party – Tuesday July 7th
- ELIGIBILITY – Class legal 420’s with one skipper and one crew.
- Entry fee is $60 per team until Friday July 3rd, additional $20 late fee after.
- Limit of 50 teams… wait list will be created based on registration date.
- SKIPPERS and their guardians REGISTER here.
- CREW and their guardians fill out this form here.
- Skippers and crews must be at least 12 years old, but not over 18, on the day of the start.
- Each team must be part of a sailing program and assigned to a coach with a crash boat in attendance.
- Current entry list and results here.
- SCHEDULE –
- COURSES – Each leg will have a finish and a restart. Laminated charts with potential marks of the course will be provided. Legs will be defined on course boards before each restart. Time limits will be 30 minutes after first boat finishes each leg.
- LEG 1 – Start to Masons Island
- LEG 2 – Masons Island to Ram Island
- LEG 3 – Ram Island to Groton Long Point
- LEG 4 – Groton Long Point to Finish
- TRACKING & MEDIA –
- SCORING – Combined scores of each leg & fastest RaceQs speed at any point of the race.
- RULES – Racing will be governed by The Rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing
- AWARDS –
- Zim Trophy – First Team Overall
- Keeper trophies shall be presented to the top 3 teams overall.
- Trophies will be presented for fastest RaceQs recorded speed.
- There is a $100 prize for the best video, photo’s, or written combination of on board reporting from the race! Must be submitted by July 11th.
- SECOR VOLVO FIS hats will be awarded to all teams that complete each leg of the race.
- STORAGE AND DOCKING – On land or in water storage will be available at the Wadawanuck YC before the event. In water storage will be available at the Fishers Island Yacht Club after the final leg.
- FURTHER INFORMATION – Please address all inquiries to: MudRatz Incorporated E-Mail: email@example.com
NOTE: Thursday July 9th is the ECSA Bemis and Smythe Qualifiers at the Fishers Island YC Regatta all boats are invited and encouraged to stay for this fun course racing event.
Zim Club 420’s in action!